Tuesday 29 January 2008

Planning the first month













Its our last day at home as we leave for our big journey tomorrow. I have a wee bit of packing left to do. Dan is cleaning windows and tidying the Utility room. I have to pack, and tidy our bedroom. Then I think everything is done.

Tomorrow Barney has a hair cut appointment and then we all have a dental appointment just before we leave (well, it will be 6 months before we see a dentist again!)

I have mostly planned the first month of the trip now. You can see my planner above. (Click on it to see the larger view). We are staying 1 night in a Dublin, Ireland hotel, then one night in an Orlando, Florida hotel. Then we collect the RV and drive to a place called Titusville on the east coast of Florida. We will stay here from 1st - 12th February, hopefully seeing the shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral on 7th Feb. From 13th - 17th February we will be in Georgia and will be taking a trip to a Georgian prison on 16th Feb to visit my pen pal, who I have been writing to for almost 3 years now. From 18-20th February we will be hopefully staying on Mexico Beach on the Gulf Coast of Florida (courtesy of Dans parents who sent us some money for something a bit luxurious). Then from 21-24th we will be driving through the coast of Alabama. 25th - 28th driving through the coast of Mississippi. From 29th February we will be in Louisiana. And that's as far as I've got with the planning.

No comments: